Believe it or not, getting the right bra size can be a challenge and most people don’t wear the best size for their comfort and appearance. Often this is because they simply guess their size – and guess wrong!
The good news is that you can get the perfect fit just by following a few basic steps.
Step 1: Measure all the way around your chest and back, under your bust. The tape should be firm but not tight and even (be careful not to let it slip at the back).
Take this measurement in inches and if the measurement is an even number, add 4 inches (or 10cm). So, for example, if you are 28 inches, add 4 inches, giving a measurement of 32. This is your band size.
If the measurement is an odd number, then add 5 inches (or 12.5cm); so, for instance, 29 inches plus 5, for a result of 34 inches.
Step 2: Measure around the fullest part of your breasts, again in inches. This is your bust size.
Step 3: Simply subtract your band size from your bust size to determine your cup size. If the result is -1, then your cup size is AA. If the band and bust measurements are the same, then your cup size is A. Or if the bust size is one inch larger than the band size, then you are a B cup…and so on.
And that’s it. Just marry the two sizes, so that you have 32AA, or 34B, for example.
Tips for detecting the wrong size
If your bra isn’t comfortable, then it’s probably the wrong size. Do any of these problems sound familiar?
- The bra band is too tight. The band size is too small. Increase this size – but not the cup.
- The bra band rides up. The band size is too large; go down a size.
- The straps slip off the shoulders. You need a bra with wider straps.
- Your breasts are bulging out at the top or sides of the cup. The cup size is too small, so try going up a size.
- The material on the cups is wrinkly, especially top and sides. The cup size is too large, so try dropping from B to A, for example.
- The underwire pinches you in the chest or digs in under the arms. The cup size is too small; try increasing a size.
Please refer to these lingerie size charts before ordering to make sure we get the right size in your bag for you!